Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Crimson fists 1850

The deployment favored my ranged weapons as I sat back and waited for the fight to come to me while I outflanked with infiltrators and piranha’s. Not having any tanks wasn’t a problem as the broadsides shot up the space marines. Infiltrating scouts lit up scouts in cover and two piranha’s shot up more marines. Suicide crisis suits shot up devastator squads. Overwatch and supporting fire demolished the marines. The riptide failed to come in twice it landed on a scout and went back into reserve. The suicide crisis team used the jump shoot jump move to get a clear line of sight on some devestators and then jump back into cover. This game really favoured the Tau and I sat back with over-lapping lines of fire and when my opponent got into charge range over watch from the missile side and rail-sides did really well due to twin linking weapons. My opponent had a very troop heavy list with no tanks or dreadnoughts. He had 1 terminator squad, 3 devastator squads, 1 scout sniper squad and 3 (I think) tactical squads with Kantor in the middle. My list was slightly stronger with 2 fire warrior teams with a fireblade and an ethereal, 2 squads of path finders a fusion blaster armed squadron of piranhas and 3 broadside teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment