Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Space Wolves 1500 loss 16-14 tournament

This was my first tournament game and his deep striking rune priest with jaws killed off a few of the broadsides leaving my units at disadvantage. I have started flanking my fusion blaster piranha’s down one side to engage lightly armoured vehicles or elite troops e.g. terminators. Unfortunately they ran into landspeeders with multimeltas and were quickly blown up. Surprisingly my fire warriors held their own in combat against attacking units. Using the fireblade and ethereal to give plus 1 shot (placing the ethereal within range of both squads adds a huge amount of fire power). In doing this and using marker lights to strip cover and imrpove BS I was able to get 84 shots off and kill the majority of the wolves in cover. My opponent charged in and lost a few more to overwatch and support fire. The fire warriors won the combat through weight of numbers. Concentrated fire from two units and the jumping riptide & fusion + plasma suits wreaked havoc in the enemy lines killing a land raider and a squad of long fangs. I did well in my first tournament game and learned to be weary of jaws and a unit of plasma marines and deploy carefully and start the riptide on the board to hopefully blow the drop pod out of the sky otherwise I'll have a bad day. My opponent jokes that jaws is only good for one round but you throw a lot at it to kill the squad and rune priest or face loosing another handful of units. The drones and fire warriors hammered into the wolves in the adjacent cover, the long fangs are hiding in the cover in the background.  photo WP_000473_zpsbfc94286.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment