Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Ravenwing 1850 Big guns 11-0 win

I had first turn and reployed slightly to give me better line of sight and over lapping lines of fire. The R'Varna and rippy nova charged and ripped a unit of bikes apart which were finished off by a broadside team. Rippy died in the following volley. Crisis suits and the broadsides started blowing the landspeeders to bits. R'Varna killed off a few more bikes. In the final stages the R'Varna, crisis suits, broadsides and fire warriors killed charging bikes with overwatch and support fire. His HQ died from plasma, melta and burst cannon fire from 2 remaining crisis suits. R'Varna smashed a few bikes which broke combat, retreated and got blown up. Longstrikes hammerhead had two hull points left until fire from plasma guns wrecked it but didn't blow it up, it did manage to kill a few bikes and jink a few other shots. Since it didn't blow up it gave my fire warriors with the ethereal a bit of cover and blocked line of sight. After the first charge the R'Varna broke off and started firing at the bikes but the shot scattered and killed the remaining 2 fire warriors and drone from the ethereals squad. I have started to deploy the crisis suits and riptides on the board and use them as a unit to screen the softer fire warriors and vulnerable tanks. Doing this is also proving to be very effective on units who can only shoot or move. They act as a huge target and distract heavy weapons from other units e.g. Broadsides and fire warriors. My opponent had 30 bikes and 6-7 land speeders and Sammael. Instead of prioritising certain units I had prioritise the bikes that could cause serious damage, the plasma bikes.  photo WP_000547_zps4bba0fa6.jpg I castled with a lot of heavy fire power facing the bikes, I figured that my opponent had to come from that direction because his other corner was cluttered and could cause issues for his army. The R'Varna's nova charged weapons (with AP3) caused havoc. A lot of his speeders came straight at me and were ripped apart by the broadsides and crisis suits.  photo WP_000548_zpsd6d6fce6.jpg My opponents deployment, his bikes came straight into my gunlines, the pathfinders in the ruins were killed my turn 3 but used their markerlights and rail rifles to great success.  photo WP_000549_zpsef88c2e3.jpg I face being over run by the bikes, the destroyed hammerhead was a blessing in disguise because it gave the fire warriors cover and blocked line of sight and the fire warriors could shoot at the bikes out in the open. I wasn't sure if I should use both the crisis suits and broadside to kill Sammael. The lone pathfinder glanced the nearest landspeeder which was finished off by the two rail-side suits, the other landspeeder was hit 5 times by a mix of smart missiles and high yield missiles the majority of these penned. The crisis suits unleashed everything into Sammael and killed him, after he had killed the other suit in their team.  photo WP_000550_zps2e4e54f9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment