Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Dark Angels 1500pts kill points 18-6 win

In this game I got linebreaker, slay the warlord and a huge amount of kill points. The Varna (with the old rules) killed the command squad with another barrage from the nova charged weapon after it hurt itself in the previous turn. The riptide did a similar move after killing a number of bikes. The Piranha’s got line breaker after killing off a number of marines. Rippy pushed up into the opposing deployment zone, nova charged and killed off a few surviving marines. Longstrike in his hammerhead had an average game by only killing a few terminators but caused a dreadnought to blow up after being hit once. Rippy, the piranha’s and the crisis suits pushed up the left flank and centre while the Varna, hammerhead and fire warriors held back on the right. The only units lost in this game were the infiltrating scouts. My opponent had a troop heavy list which didn't allow longstike to be used to his full potential even though he killed 3 terminators and blew up a dreadnought with a penetrating hit. I knew my opponent was new at the game and was happy to let me play with the R'Varna after I told him what it can do. I decided to have some fun by playing very aggressively and push the riptide and crisis suits up the board dividing his troops into easy to kill units. This tactic has won me 2 big games since playing this game. His terminators arrived right behind Longstrike's hammerhead but failed to damage it with the missiles or storm bolters. A second squad arrived infront of the ruins and were quickly shot to pieces. Longstrike had moved in my turn (only an inch or so) to get a jink save and I was very lucky in my rolling. In my turn the terminators were killed by a lot of AP1 and AP2 weapons from the hammerhead and broadsides.  photo WP_000462_zpsbf933f5a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment