Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Dark Eldar (all wins)

I've played this opponent 4-5 times with a fairly standard list and won each game. I quickly popped his transports and other vehicles and then picked off the survivors. Some of the highlights from these games are the scourages would arrive, shoot a bit and then get shredded. The forgeworld hammerhead with the heavy burst cannons, missile drones and burst cannon devastates anything in the dark eldar army. A riptide held the HQ up in CC for a few turns and dying from one poke from a poison weapon. As a rule of thumb for playing Dark Eldar I deploy far away as possible with line of sight to his transports and blow them up using rail weapons. The lance weapons are a pain though and must be taken out ASAP because they reduce all armour on vehicles to 12. Using cover and jink saves has saved my vehicles on a number of times. My typical deployment which is a bit spread out but my opponent wasn't deep striking. I try to keep heavy weapons protecting my flanks depending on what can threaten my flank  photo TauVsDarkeldar_zps839673d3.jpg These suits would either deep strike and blow a vehicle up or rely on other units to pop the vehicle and mop up and survivors. Then they would drop back to avoid being attacked.  photo Taucrisisdeepstrike_zps91ada5de.jpg A brave stand from the Ethereal and his fire warriors, they would shoot, fall back and shoot again hoping that the terrain would slow down the dark elder.  photo Taufirewarriors_zps59f01d82.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment