Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tau V Chaos 1500 tournament draw

In this game we had to capture key objectives but uncontested and contested points were worth points. I got slay the warlord, 8 for holding a point and 4 for an uncontested point. The Varna did ok no wounds and once again killed a lot of units with the nova charged weapons. Broadside team and firewarriors with ethereal destroyed a biker squad which got slay the warlord. Suicide squad killed a single obliterator but tied up 3 squads for shooting. Rippy got killed in cqc and killed a few models including a hull point on the hell turkey which was finished off by a barrage of plasma, missiles and railguns from the broadsides. Final turn forced a draw after I blew up a transport and enemy troops captured a point but my remaining broadsides hammered into them with missiles and railguns, the railhead captained by longstrike killed 1 with the rail-submunition (I didn't have a clear line of sight to use the solid shot), the R'Varna killed 3 with the ramped up cannons the surviving guy was blown to bits by a seeker missile and failed the armour and feel no pains. Special rules were everything has a cover save and the board is all difficult terrain. I may reconsider deep striking Rippy, the only thing that can really hurt him is jaws, having him and the other riptide and broadsides gives me skyfire and interceptor. This was the end of my first tournament I finished mid-table which I was happy about considering I only played 2/5 games. Can't wait for the next one with my low AP list.

No comments:

Post a Comment