Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tau V Tyranids 1500 kill points 11-2 win

He had line breaker and killed the piranha squadron This was my first game against the 6th edition Tyranids and after my last game against the tyranids I knew I had to go first and quickly weaken or kill off the synapse creatures which would cause his army to implode. We rolled for deployment, game objective and for first turn. We rolled for Dawn of war deployment and kill points, my opponent won the role for deployment and opted to go first. He deployed mid table and I deployed in the right corner and had a riptide and hammerhead in the middle of my deployment. I kept my 2 crisis suit teams in reserve for when the hordes get too close. I failed too cease the initiative and we rolled for night fight.

Tyranids turn 1

 In turn 1 the tyranids moved up and ran at my lines because only 1 of their creatures were in range who missed the target.

Tau turn 1

I moved my units around to keep the slower fire warriors out of assault range and the faster vehicles into more open areas with clearer fields of fire. I nova charged the riptide's heavy burst cannon which combined with longstrikes' sub munition round and the heavy burst cannon armed hammerhead killed 7 out of 8 gaunts and 8 out of 9 genestealers leaving one stealer and a broodlord left. The broadsides only knocked off one wound from the hive tyrant. I moved the piranha's up the right flank past the gargoyles. My plan was too get the piranha's in behind the monstrous creatures to soften them up for the other units.

 Tyranids turn 2

My opponent tried to deep strike the trygon in my lines but thankfully it failed to come in and stayed in reserves. The hive tyrant shot at the fire warriors on the hill and killed one. The ripper swarms had moved up to this unit and survived a huge amount of fire from over watch. The surviving genestealer and broodlord got into close combat and failed to wound the riptide in close combat who failed its

 Tau turn 2.

My deep striking units failed to come in. The piranha's moved up and shot everything at the hive tyrant and failed to wound it. The missile broadside shot its smart missiles and high yield missiles at the gargolyes and killed 6 of 10. Longstrike fired the solid shot round at the hive tyrant and wounded it and the other two broadsides also shot their heavy rail rifles at the tyrant bringing it too 1 wound. The heavy burst cannon hammerhead killed 7 gaunts. The riptide won combat by killing the genestealer and the two remained in combat, the riptide failed hit and run. On the hill the fire warriors killed all the remaining rippers and only lost 2.

Tyranids turn 3

the hordes were getting a bit closer and the trygon arrived and shot its bio electric weapon at the fire warriors on the hill killing 2. The hive tyrant shot at the piranha's which jinked the blast. But the tyrant got its revenge by charging at the vehicles, blowing one too pieces and the other was immobilised.

Tau turn 3

Shadowsun and her plasma & fusion team arrived behind the carnifexes that were starting to get too close for comfort. This team is armed with 2 twin linked fusion blaster crisis suits with a burst cannon and 1 twin linked plasma rifle crisis suit. This unit put 3 wounds on the fexes. I dropped this team back towards my opponents deployment zone to get out of assault range and to get line breaker.

Tyranids turn 4

 In turn 4 The hive tyrant shot at the piranha blowing it up, the fexes charged at Shadowsun's team who killed the wounded fex which had failed its charge. The riptide was assaulted by the warriors and gaunts.

Tau turn 4

Hit and run finally paid off and in my turn the riptide nova charged and obliterated 2 warriors with rending shots. The riptide assaulted the unit and killed 3 more gaunts. In the rest of my turn I obliterated the hive tyrant with missiles from the broadside and the other two put two wounds on the trygon which was finished off by fire from longstrike and the bursthead. The remaining fex was annihilated by 9 wounds of plasma, fusion and burst cannon fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment