Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tau V Eldar 2k kill points win

Yeay!!! first win against Eldar, my opponent from the previous game was eager for a re-match as was I because the previous game came down to two models. This time my opponent had 24 wraiths including a deep striking wraith knight which is terrifying when it starts on the board. I got to go first and quickly moved towards his lines (strange for Tau) but having my units very close together I took full advantage of support fire and cover saves for my fire warriors. My rolling was very hot, the path finders in cover lit up and shot the wraiths close to them. I learnt from the previous game that I should focus on killing the wraiths very quickly and began using the solid str 10 AP 1 shot from the hammerheads. The concentrated AP 1 & 2 fire from a variety of units killed a vast amount of the wraiths in turn 1 and 2. It got worse for my opponent when shadowsun and friends arrived without scattering within 12 inches of the wraiths, killing 3 wraiths and his HQ which gave his units cover saves. His Wraith Knight arrived (uh-oh) but interceptor from the 2 riptides (1 HBC and 1 ion accelerator)knocked a wound off it. Thankfully it couldn't assault when it arrived and my cover & jink saves were very helpful and probably saved the game for me. Shadowsun & friends were in turn killed when the Wraith Knight got sick of his little buddies getting slaughtered. Thankfully I had killed the bulk of his forces and was able to blast the Wraith Knight to pieces the HBC riptide nova charged its fusion guns and took 2 wounds off it, longstrike got it down to 1 wound and the iontide killed it with a blast from its weapons. The wraith knight's wounds were being chipped away at slowly, but I couldn't afford to concentrate on anything else and had to rely on a str 5 to kill off some of his units.

No comments:

Post a Comment